Wednesday, 27 May 2015

Tag You're It Challenge # 22

Finally I have time again to get back into making cards… 
I'm making thank you cards for all my wedding guests so it was a great chance to make a Thank You card for a challenge!

I'm joining the Tag you're it challenge for the first time… 

Here is my take on the challenge, which you can find here Tag You're It! Challenge #22

Thanks for looking!

Stamps: Fresh Cut Florals (WPlus9), Polka Dot Basics (PTI)
Die: Tag Sale #9 (PTI)

Edited to add: This card was chosen as a Tag You're It Favorite! - So excited :)

Monday, 15 September 2014

Make it Monday #179

My first make it Monday!
Submitting my card with 20 minutes to go… lol.. better nearly late than not!

I die cut my hexagon cover plate and selected some hexagons to keep in so that only a partial amount would be embossed.

Once embossed I used my new distress ink blending tools to blend in some colours..
I used the new rainstones from my last PTI order and also die cut some gold foil card stock using the happy from the tipped-tops die

The link for the MIM tutorial is here.. love Laura's videos! 

Thanks for looking!

Stamp set: PTI -Wet Paint
Dies: PTI -  Hexagon Coverplate, Tipped Tops and Double-Ended Banners
Ink: Berry Sorbet & Harvest Gold
Other: Rainstones

Sunday, 7 September 2014

Case Study #207

This is my first time entering the case study challenge..
Very exciting that the muse this month is debby hughes.. I'm a big fan and have admired her work for a long time!

I stamped the roses and coloured them from behind the vellum.. I then stamped and heat embossed the leaves in white and coloured them with copics from the back too

I layered 3 die cuts of the sentiment in white to try to draw in the white embossing & dark red colours from the original design

Well that is my last post for tonight..…  I completed 3 cards for 3 different challenges this week… Lets see how next week goes!

Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment, I really appreciate it :)

- Alexandra

Here is Debby's original card that was used for this CASE Study #207, you can find the link here

Stamp: PTI - Garden Grace
Die: PTI - Thankyou
Ink: SU - Rose Red

Curtain Call - Lovely Leaves

I really enjoyed making this card for the Curtain Call lovely leaves challenge, it was the first time I've made a card using the Leave it Be stamp set from Papertrey Ink…..

I just received a new order from PTI and got to use their new rainstones on this card too… such a nice embellishment….

I love the colours on the inspiration photo… was fun to put together..

Thanks for looking!

Here is the inspiration photo and link is here….. 

Cure for the Monday Blues

I made this card for the cure for the Monday Blues challenge…
I'm continuing with trying to make cards for challenges and to keep practicing.. 

I was inspired by the beautiful pastel colours in the inspiration photo and watercolored a background of pink and green.. I  found my one cherry stamp as an accent to the sentiment.. The tops of the cakes were covered with opal white liquid pearls… 

You can find the link for the challenge here

Thanks for looking! 

Stamp: Janes Doodles - Party Time, My Cute Stamps - Sweet Kawaii
Ink: SU - Sahara Sand & Regal Rose, HA - Soft Vanilla

Tuesday, 2 September 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #90

Entering the below card in the CAS(E) this sketch #90 challenge

I've marked a few challenges in my calendar that I am really going to try to submit for ….. Let's see how I go!

I used a myriad of inks for this challenge.. pretty much all the green coloured inks that I own!

Stamp set: PTI - Turning a new leaf
Ink:  Avery Elle - Fog,  HA - Soft olive, HA - Wet Cement,  SU - Old Olive, SU - Certainly Celery, SU - Lucky Limeade 
Dies: PTI - Thankyou & Double-Ended banners die 
Other: MME - Enamel dots 

Thanks for looking!

Here is the Challenge Sketch 

Monday, 1 September 2014

Altenew Ori Kami - Stamp Set

Posting a card on my very neglected blog..

Love this stamp set.. its so cute and easy to stamp and colour..
These butterflies were stamped with stazon and then water coloured and some Copic colouring added to the inside of the butterflies to give some definition….